Auroville is being built by the hands and hearts of people eager to contribute to the experiment of creating a new world founded on human unity. The manifestation of the dream of Auroville depends upon those who have a true spirit of service, and basic good will. As the whole purpose of Auroville is to manifest a city for Humanity in Diversity, working in Auroville is essential to understanding it.
Vérité offers "active participation" work-exchange arrangements for those who are interested in a deeper Auroville experience, and who want to learn about seva or karma yoga-- in other words, people who are dedicated to work in a spirit of service to the greater good, for something beyond personal gain or preferences.
If you are interested in a "karma yoga adventure" in Vérité, Auroville, please read the Prospective Intern FAQ’s and complete the application form click here
To inquire about other ways to collaborate with Vérité, please write to email@example.com
Prospective Participant FAQs
What kinds of internships are offered in Vérité?
Depending on your skills, qualifications and interests, and Vérité’s needs, we develop personalized agreements regarding your responsibilities. Tasks might include: technical or administrative assistance, hands-on work (in kitchen, garden, or maintenance departments), attending meetings, teaching Yoga & Re-creation Sessions, providing health-related treatments, or developing teaching/training materials for any aspect of the Vérité project.
In Vérité's early years (1985- 1989), residents pooled their personal resources, shared expenses and invested in infrastructure. At the same time, as the project began to grow, residents took up fundraising efforts which brought resources for additional land, including the plots where Vérité Hall and ILC are now located.
Vérité has been able to make consistent progress in its development, in large part thanks to the numerous donors who have supported its vision and generously funded infrastructure. Vérité was able to recover from the damages from the 2011 cyclone and help our workers make repairs to their dwellings thanks to those who donated to the Cyclone Relief Fund.
While Vérité is at present financially self-sustaining (able to maintain its infrastructure, subsidize its residents, support its staff, and make consistent contributions to Auroville's Central Fund), funds are needed for the next phase of Vérité to manifest.
Another major debt of gratitude Vérité owes is to its workers who live in the surrounding bioregion and come six days a week to help us build and run the project. We acknowledge their hard work, and recognize that Vérité and Auroville would simply not exist without them (in fact, the Mother called the villagers "the first Aurovilians")! Vérité long ago established its "Workers' Fund", which receives donations that are shared among our workers as an annual bonus. We have found that most of this money is put towards school fees for their children or improvements to their housing, and is very much appreciated. On behalf of our workers, we welcome all donations to the Vérité Workers' Fund.
- Retreat facilities- for 16-20 persons
- Collective housing- for 10-12 Aurovilians/Newcomers
- Workers' building- new toilet/shower facilities, canteen and dining area, rest and recreation area
Kitchen/guest house improvements:
- Additional solar water heaters
- Wood-fired oven for baking, charcoal-making, and drying clothes during monsoon time
- Indoor and outdoor art, sculpture
- Aquaponics and vertical gardening
Integral Learning Center improvements:
- Computer systems upgrade
- Audio visual equipment upgrade
- Ergonomic office chairs
“Auroville will be a site of material and spiritual researches for a living embodiment of an actual human unity.” - Charter of Auroville
Vérité has two main objectives for research:
- To gather information and documentation of the various aspects of the Vérité project (e.g. developing/updating operational manuals for all working areas, creating a Vérité historical/archival resource, conducting a comprehensive assessment and analysis of Vérité's “ecological footprint”)
- To support the "new wave" of research on the practices that can effectively transform our daily lives, work and relationships and build healthy communities, meaningful projects and sustainable futures. We have a particular interest in understanding the correlations between the tenets of the Integral Yoga and the current research on what helps people create, promote and sustain positive change.
To inquire about research opportunities with Vérité, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title to add
contents to add
contents to add
About sixteen people come from their homes in the villages everyday to help with the work in Vérité. We see them as integral learners also, and arrange excursions, visits to places within Auroville, health and hygiene classes, teaching in meditation, etc. We are committed to offering fair wages and benefits including medical expenses and Employees Provident Fund. As we understand the material challenges that many of the villagers face, we also have a Workers' Fund which helps with special needs such as house repair, children’s schooling, etc. We appreciate your generous donations to the Workers Fund, 100% of which are passed on directly to our workersDonate Here